Survivor Season 42 won’t kick off properly until March 9, but the cast for the season has leaked thanks to the team at Inside Survivor. Although we don’t know much about these survivors, we know just enough to make a first impression. While these power rankings are more fun than anything else, we predicted that Ricard Foye was going to be a force in Season 41’s version of these rankings. dismiss.
So take these rankings with a big grain of salt. After all, all we need is a photo, their age, profession, and initial tribes. These will almost inevitably change as soon as we get our hands on pre-season information. Take a look at your favorite new survivors.
Survivor Season 42 First Power Rankings
18) Rocks Roy Bailey – Rocksroy definitely feels like the most out of place player in his starting tribe. Everyone is much younger, which could make it difficult for the 43-year-old environmental scientist to break through. That said, we hope we are wrong. It’s not often someone named Rocksroy pops up on your TV screen.
17) Marya Sherron– Marya’s starting tribe doesn’t have a clear pecking order at first glance. That said, she’s an older woman, which can either make her an early target or set her up to make a deep run like Heather Aldret did in Survivor 41. Considering her education background and the fact that this cast has multiple students, we wouldn’t be surprised to see her hook up and have a surprising run.
16) Jenny Kim – Jenny is in a difficult situation with such a young tribe. Sure, she’s only 42 (which is basically the new 30), but almost everyone is at least ten years younger than her. This is not a good recipe for an “older” woman in Survivor. We’re not saying she has no chance, but her day one advantage looks small.
15) Jackson Fox- We placed Jackson this low for several reasons. If you can’t tell by now, we often have a slight age bias, simply because players are looking for something different to jump into early. However, on top of that, we currently don’t know what his job is. This makes it nearly impossible to rank, so we’ll keep it on the low end.
14) Mike Turner– Mike is the oldest person this season, but he’s a former New Jersey firefighter. This likely means he’s a hard worker who will be a great asset to camp. If he can take on challenges and not get under the skin of his young tribemates, he could go a long way.
13) Maryanne Oketch- Maryanne looks like a bubbly source of laughter. It’s a great trait to have on the island, but the fact that she’s a science student worries us a bit. Being smart is never a bad thing, but we have older players getting angry at younger players who think they know too much (think Xander Hastings at the end of Season 41). If she falls into that same trap, she might struggle to get enough votes to win.
12) Romeo Escobar – This 34-year-old competition producer/director appears to us as someone who has potential. Romeo is probably a people person, which is a plus, but will his directing experience take over and make him a bit overbearing for the younger members of his tribe. This is obviously impossible to predict (and something you could say about several people from this tribe).
11) Lydia Meredith- Lydia is a 22 year old actress from Los Angeles. If she fits the typical “mactor” profile, that’s not the best news for her game. That said, Survivor has apparently avoided using that many rookies since Season 41, so we’re not completely wasting Lydia’s chances. Hoping that she can surprise us.
10) Jonathan Young – Jonathan is in the rental property business on the beach, which could mean he has a scam streak. It’s always a good thing to have in Survivor. We’re still wondering about anyone looking to play the “Bro” archetype. It works once in a while, but we want to see more of Jonathan before we put too many bets behind him.
9) Hai Giang – Hai seems to have a big advantage. He’s been an analytical director at a relatively young age, which makes us think he’s probably pretty smart. He also appears to be in good shape and part of a tribe that seems tailor-made for him to have an easy four-person alliance from the start.
8) Chanelle Howell- Chanelle sits well in the middle of our ranking. She is a young (28) recruiter from New York, NY. This probably means she has to talk to people a lot in her professional career, which should serve her well in the game. She also seems well placed on her starting tribe, which should give her the opportunity to at least make the merger.
7) Omar Zaher- At 30, Omar is exactly where you want to be in terms of age for a Survivor winner. He’s also probably very smart since he’s a veterinarian. His first impression doesn’t jump off the screen, but he seems like a solid choice to go far at this very early stage.
6) Zach Würtenberger – Zach is one of the youngest players this season at 21. He’s still just a college student, but he’s studying media, which could mean he’s already ready for the camera. That could make him a producer asset if nothing else. It’s certainly not a bad role to fill.
5) Swati Goel- And here we have the youngest player in season 41. Swati is listed as just a student which gives us almost no information. However, we’ve ranked her pretty high because she’s from Stanford, CA so we’re assuming she’s going to Stanford. Her starting tribe is also young, so we’re not as worried about her igniting early.
4) Lindsey Dolashewich- Lindsey is a registered dietitian from New Jersey, so we’re guessing she’s in good shape for the game. She has probably blocked her nutrition since she was cast and will easily be able to adapt to the lack of calories. Our only concern is that his tribe looks all over the place, which might make the first few days difficult to navigate.
3) Daniel Strunk- Daniel is a 30-year-old paralegal from Ann Arbor, Michigan. To us, that reads like a smart go-getter who could either play a big game or die out early. With his tribal makeup, it looks like he will have an easy path to an early majority with Chanelle, Lydia and Hai, which makes us optimistic about his chances.
2) Drea Wheeler– Drea is right in this sweet spot in terms of age. At 34, she is young enough to connect with students but old enough to earn the respect of older members of her tribe. Plus, she’s a physical trainer, so you know the girl is in good shape. His tribe is quite young, but we think they have what it takes to make some noise.
1) Tori Meehan– Look, we’ll admit we’re biased towards Tori because she’s from our home state of Oklahoma. That said, she’s a graduate student in her twenties who starts out in a young tribe full of people who seem to be in good physical shape. If she forms a strong alliance early, she has a great chance of winning this game.